Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Advice From Cactus Ed

"Do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast, a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still there... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards."

-Ed Abbey

2 comments:

Billy said...

Yes.....

Most give lip service to Ed so as to give the appearence of patagucci, but most of those sneak quickly back into the shadows to live their lives in suits made from the thread of ill gotten gain.

Long live the true believers, the pure ones. To hell with the half-asses! I have no time for them. Billy

squatting bear said...

Feb, I'm very excited for you and the wife. You have a lot of great stuff in front of you. As you know I have 3 girls, and personally for me nothing even comes close to being a dad.Hope your running is going well and if you ever feel like getting a VERY SLOW long run in, let me know. I would love to learn as much as possible about training for my first 100 miler. I just finished my first 50 miler the other day, so I guess the only logical explanation would be 100, right? Once again, congrats. I'll stop in the store and say hello. Later dude.